Thursday 1 November 2012

Halloween Zombie Doll and Comic Noir

After saying I was going to stay in last night I ended up in the Cathouse! I didn't feel like wearing my cheerleader costume again so I put on a little dress with a petticoat underneath, and did some 'zombie doll' type makeup. It was good fun I'm actually glad I went.




I'm planning on doing some comic noir style drawings for my current college project. I have to design a book cover for The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler. We have been asked to come up with something original and give a new take on it, as it has been illustrated so many times already. I am still learning how to draw comic book style, these are some quick sketches of detective Philip Marlowe.



Here are some examples of comic noir style. I think this style would be fitting for the book cover because it is a more modern take and may appeal more to younger people. 





7 comments:

  1. Cute Costume :) I went as a dolly too!

    Lana, xo
    http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you look really pretty in a spooky way ;)

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look really cute, your blog is just lovely by the ways, keep up the good work :)

    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.co.uk
    Andrea Antoniou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog and i so damn love the makeup
    Check out my blog and maybe follow eachother? Just leave a comment.
    Might be doing a GIVEAWAY for christmas. :)

    http://amaechi-nwafor.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. following :) ! love your drawings xx

    ReplyDelete